Job Title: Part-Time DZ Driver – 1 Year Contract
Reports to: Director of Operations
Hours of Work: 24 hours/ week. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 6:30AM- 2:30PM
You may be the perfect addition to our awesome team!
Check all that apply to you:
- I want the work I do to have an impact on people in my community
- I have a DZ License with a minimum of 3 years driving experience
- My interpersonal skills are just as strong as my driving skills
- I enjoy working autonomously
- I have great attention to detail
- I can routinely lift between 10 and 50 lbs.
- I am comfortable using lifting equipment
- People say I keep my own living space clean and tidy
Sound like you?
Great! We are looking for a Food for Life Ambassador to 1) Safely drive one of our large 26 foot straight trucks and 2) Be the face of our organization, providing exceptional customer service to both our food donors and our partner food programs/agencies. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Part-Time DZ Driver is responsible for driving Food for Life trucks, conducting food pick-ups and deliveries, as well as providing warehouse support as needed.
- Ability to safely drive a refrigerated 26 foot tandem straight truck and other smaller straight trucks to conduct food pick-ups and deliveries based on a route scheduled by Food for Life.
- Provide courteous and respectful customer service to both food donors and community food programs.
- Sort and consolidate food pallets while on the road and in the warehouse to ensure efficient use of space.
- Recommend operational changes that will help improve services to the Operations Manager and/or Director of Operations.
- Ensure all supplies/materials are placed in their designated spot when loading/offloading in the warehouse (i.e. empty pallets stacked, cardboard/skid wrap waste disposed of, empty banana boxes stored in its proper area).
- Approx. 20% of time will be spent in the warehouse loading/offloading, weighing and storing food and providing general warehouse cleanliness and maintenance assistance to the Operations team.
- Mandatory: DZ license with +3 years of DZ driving experience.
- Shipping and receiving experience
- Experience utilizing manual and electric pallet jacks to move product
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of and experience working with safe food handling protocols
- Ability to lift and carry boxes or containers weighing up to 60 lbs. and to move food containers around in the limited space of the vehicle and storage facility
- Great attention to detail/accuracy
- Customer service mindset
- Safe Food Handling Certificate is an asset
Qualified and Still Interested?
Right now, this role is scheduled to be a Monday, Tuesday and Thursday position. Hours of work will be 6:30AM to 2:30PM for a total of 24.0 scheduled hours per week.
We value transparency in all we do, so if you are interested in this role your compensation would be the equivalent of $18.00 per hour. There is also future potential for full-time permanent work, including employer-sponsored benefits, if you are the right fit.
This role is available immediately. We will be doing interviews regularly and hope to find the right person as soon as possible.
If you are looking for a great opportunity to start a career, then please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about our work in the community at www.foodforlife.ca