Role: Manager and Team Lead, Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Type: Full-time, or flexible equivalent for the right person
Are you a communications/marketing pro who can help us tell our story in a clear, consistent and targeted way?
Do you have a strategic mindset, solid writing and communications skills, and want the work you do to have an impact on the people within your community?
Are you someone who can jump right in?
Perhaps you are early in your career with great talents and ability and want to work full-time or maybe you are an experienced communicator who is looking for a more flexible schedule.
Whatever your adventure, this may be the perfect opportunity to do what you love with a cause that is vital to healthy and vibrant communities.
Food for Life Halton & Hamilton is the regional leader in rescuing and distributing fresh and frozen food. We support the community by providing healthy food to a network of non-profits and partners who offer food support programs. Food for Life is a thought leader in the space, built on a unique supply chain model that’s driven by environmental sustainability.
At Food for Life, we start all relationships from a place of trust ensuring we treat everyone equitably, with respect, and valuing their personal diversity.
Our Vision: For everyone to have access to healthy food.
Our Mission: Rescuing Food. Impacting Lives.
You may be the perfect addition to our awesome team if these appeal to you:
- Communications and Marketing are my passion
- I want the work I do to have an impact on people in my community
- I enjoy working autonomously
- I have amazing attention to detail
- I find meaning in working with volunteers
- People say I have a ‘Disney’ style approach to customer service
- I welcome the opportunity for non-traditional hours
- I love strategy and implementation
- I love helping with other areas of the organization
- I have experience with events and related communications
- I love creating and managing annual reports and other publications
- I find joy in helping people and the environment
Why Food for Life is a great place to spend your time away from home
Food for Life is a rewarding place to work with amazing people and we offer benefits and ample vacation, for the right person of course.
We value transparency in all we do and want you to know that if you are interested in this role your compensation would be $60,000 per year less statutory deductions for a 37.5- hour workweek (40 hours scheduled). We will help you find harmony between work and home with 20 days of paid vacation and employer-sponsored benefits. We offer a flexible working culture that focuses on impact and not simply being present in the office. With hundreds of community partners, there is never a dull moment and no lack of stories to be told.
What are we looking for from you?
- Set our overall communications and marketing strategy
- Support our fundraising team with marketing and communications support including overseeing the creation of materials
- Enhancing our thought leadership in this space to our local and regional market
- Be a cause champion through presentations and story sharing
- 5+ years of communications and marketing experience or similar expertise and ideally an educational or experiential equivalent to either a diploma or degree, with advanced qualifications or specialty training being a bonus
- Valid Driver’s license
- Access to a vehicle an asset
- Digital technology, advertising, or advertising technology
- B2C and B2B marketing or sales
- Engaging with the media in all forms
- Deep understanding of the digital advertising landscape
- Producing research and/or content (ie. reports, eBooks, Infographics, )
- Managing paid media budgets and various marketing channels
- Ability to communicate data-driven recommendations simply and effectively
- Experience with CRM systems, marketing automation, and email marketing
- Ability to effectively engage with and drive cross-functional teams to align around and achieve shared objectives (product, marketing, sales, creative, planning, ).
- Ability to successfully prioritize, balance multiple projects and manage complex workstreams while consistently delivering results
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills
- Experience in the non-profit/charitable sector an asset either through work or as a volunteer is an asset
- Knowledge of Halton and Hamilton environment (business and social) an asset
So when do you want to start?
This role is available immediately. We will be doing interviews regularly and hope to find the right person as soon as possible.
In your cover letter tell us the BIG reason why you want to be a team member at Food for Life and submit it along with your resume in a single pdf file labelled Last Name_MarCom to firstname.lastname@example.org